Welcome to the Barcelona Ruby Conference 2012 Agenda
Please note the following
Every talk is meant to last 30 minutes plus 15 minutes for Q&A and a short break except for the keynotes, that should last around 1 hour. Lightning talks are open to anyone in the place and should not last more than 5 minutes each.
Remember that during the breaks you have full access to the museum, don't miss it!
- 08:00Registration & BreakfastEnjoy a delightful breakfast with bakery and a variety of drinks, including coffees, teas and juices.
- 09:30Scott ChaconKeynote: Back to First Principles
- 10:30Brian FordGrand Unification Theory: Writing and Running Code
- 11:15Alex KoppelUniformity ain't all bad: getting consistent behavior across your API
- 12:00Gary BernhardtDeconstructing the Framework
- 12:45LunchWith salad, sandwich, snack and dessert in a picnic style
- 13:45Anthony EdenLife Beyond HTTP
- 14:30Michał TaszyckiProgramming Workout
- 15:15Coffee Break30 minutes break
- 15:45Elise HuardTracing your way through ruby
- 16:30Paolo PerrottaWhy Agile (A short history of Software Engineering, and other ideas that didn't work)
- 17:15Lightning TalksOne hour duration open to anyone in the place
- 21:00PartyA great party at the beach, sponsored by Github
- 09:00Registration & BreakfastRecover from the party with another delightful breakfast
- 10:00Zed A. ShawKeynote: The Top 10 Ways To Scam The Modern American Programmer
- 11:00Randall Thomas & Tammer SalehRubyMotion for Faster Client/Server Development
- 11:45Xavier NoriaConstant Autoloading in Ruby on Rails
- 12:30Konstantin HaaseMessage in a bottle
- 13:15LunchWith salad, sandwich, snack and dessert in a picnic style
- 14:15Fred GeorgeMicro-Service Architecture
- 15:00Josh KalderimisIt's not how good your app is, it's how good you want it to be
- 15:45Coffee Break30 minutes break
- 16:15Dirkjan BussinkRubinius - Tales from the trenches of developing a Ruby implementation
- 17:00Zach HolmanUnsucking Your Team's Development Environment
- 17:45Conference endsThat's all folks!